Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

16 July, Wednesday

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 16 July 2008 | Views [232]

Had a lay day today, to catch up with our washing! Sam and Stacey went to Solihull in the afternoon and Ron and I went into Warwick. I had an appointment to have my hair cut - first time in England since 1971! Not too bad, but a bit short.

Afterwards we had a proper walk around Warwick for the first time (photos to be attached tomorrow). Although we had been to the Castle, and had driven through the town a fair few times, we hadn't really explored it. It really is a very interesting town, with a very old hospital dating back several centuries and many Tudor-style houses and little, narrow alleyways. One of the little terraced houses has a brass plaque outside, engraved with the words Redfern House! Very intriguing but we were unable to find out anything else about it and neither of us could remember ever having lived there!

As Sam and Stacey were going out to dinner in Banbury, with Sam's ex-workmates, we decided to have dinner at the local inn, The Moorings, just around the corner, a short stroll along the tow-path. We then had a quiet evening in, reading and doing crosswords & Sudoku.

In other words, a very uneventful day!

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.