Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

29 May Thursday

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 29 May 2008 | Views [191]

Had a lay-day yesterday which gave us time to catch up with our diaries and to edit the photos on the lap-top and this web site.

Today, 29th, we went for a drive with Jean and Alex to a small market town called Hungerford in West Berksire. On the way via the M4 we saw a cloud of black smoke in the distance and the traffic on the motorway almost came to a halt. We eventually passed a blazing horse float, but fortunately the horse had been removed and was standing quite placidly at the side of the road, watching the blaze being extinguished. Hungerford is a pretty little town with thatched cottages (one of which was being repaired). Marvellous antique shops (where we bought a couple of things) then cornish pasties, cake and drinks on the riverbank where there were lots of ducks waddling around, plus a real goosey, goosey gander who, sadly, had a damaged wing and missing eye. Back to Crowthorne via the motorway again, which is a bit like a traffic jam travelling at 80+ mph (yes the limit is 70!). It can be a bit intimidating at times with all the trucks hurtlng along, most of them heading for continental Europe.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.