Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

27 May, Tuesday

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 28 May 2008 | Views [198]

Another wettish day, although not as bad as the last two! Went into Banbury with Sam and dropped off car for the mechanic to have a look-see. Used Sam's car to drive into Banbury, where we had breakfast (having left home far too early). Bought a garden ornament for Jean and Chris - a Mrs Tiggywinkle (a Beatrix Potter hedgehog to those of you who are wondering!). There is a canal next to the Castle Quay shopping centre which is full of narrow boats - just like a caravan park on water! Then went for a foray into Banbury town centre, where we took a photo of the famous Banbury Cross, although we can't see where the word "cross" comes in!! Had a walk around and sampled a Banbury Cake, which was like an Eccles Cake but spicier, and very nice. Car seems to be is all fixed up now but we will find out more after it's MOT test. Drove to Jean and Chris's in Crowthorne, using a Tom Tom which was a godsend. Sam flies out for the Le Mans practice on Thursday, back on Monday, then flies out again for the 24 hour race at Le Mans, next Thursday. After that she'll be free so we can see more of her.

We'll be staying at Jean and Chris's for the next 10 days and are really looking forward to the London part of our trip. As we had previously only been to London for the Motorshow (in 1970) and to fly out to Australia in 1971, it will be a big adventure! Also, our great-nephew Alex (Laura's son) is staying at Jean and Chris's so we'll have a great opportunity to really get to know him.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.