Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

20th May - 21st May -Tuesday -Wednesday

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 21 May 2008 | Views [260]

We are now (1645) over North Queensland, travelling at 896 kph! We left, right on time, at 1435, Di Liam and Hayley seeing us off from Sydney. We are currently flying at 36106ft @ 793 kph. We have only been in the air two and a half hours but have had one snack and one meal already! One elderly woman passenger has already completed at least 20 laps of the aircraft! 2035 (Sydney 2235)nearing Hong Kong. Contrary to what Di had to say about being able (or otherwise) to operate the in flight entertainment controls - we have mastered them quite easily. Just been told that we have to take everything off the aircraft in H/K - what a pain in the proverbial!! Not impressed with the facilities at H/K - not able to get a cup of coffee whilst in transit! Next stop London!

Wednesday 21st May

H/K to Sydney was pretty uneventful except for the fact that we had to divert through northern China because of restrictions in the airspace over the site of the recent earthquake - added another hour to our 12 hr flight time!

0630 - landed at LHR and cleared immigration and customs by 0745. Met by Sam - great to see her after almost a year. Amazingly very little in the way of wet eyes! On to Crowthorne, and yes, wet eyes!! Kingsley Close is very reminiscent of Privet Drive (home of the Dursley's in Harry Potter). Rest of the day spent chatting and a visit to Marks and Spencers in Camberley where Sandra was able to contain herself only buying a shopping bag!! Chris arrived home from work and met Sandra for the first time - even though they feel as if they have known each other all their lives! A few bottles of wine and plenty of chatting, before getting to bed at 0130.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.