Existing Member?

CASA RIDO Travel while you'll learn!

I was a teenager in my late 40's

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 14 November 2022 | Views [89]

As I cast my thoughts back to those youthful days of my teens, watching those two energetic hyperbikers in action, a question arose within me—32 years ago—“What would life be like as I approach my 50s?”

A multitude of thoughts flood my mind upon reflection. Could there be an unforeseen genetic condition that alters my capabilities, rendering me incapable of the feats I once accomplished 32 years ago? Alternatively, perhaps fate has a different path in store—perhaps I won't even reach that age. It's the enigma of life—whether it's destiny, the outcome of accidents or illnesses, or even the repercussions of past unhealthy habits—these uncertainties linger.

Yet, amidst the uncertainty, I've learned to navigate life's trials in ways that nurture both my body and mind, a lesson I've gleaned from those I've encountered. Embracing the positive aspects of individuals while understanding their flaws—this approach has shaped my outlook. For every action, there's a reaction, and harboring grudges can only lead to distress. Even in the realm of microbes, retaliation exists against giants. "Control," they say, but I beg to differ. Suppressing emotions can lead to affliction, so I choose to let go with prayers.

I find solace in rephrasing age-old wisdom—“You are what you eat” or “Your actions reflect who you truly are”—so I tread the path of authenticity, veering away from hastiness, superficiality, and artificiality.

Of course, my perspective is personal, and the realm of right or wrong is blurry, but I'm content knowing that I can match the vigor of teenagers with my own spirited grin.

However, I've noticed one area where a divide exists in the mindset of these teenagers—judging risk. They dive into adventure without pondering safety. Their focus is on enjoyment, pedal power, and the thrill of the moment. Amidst their zest, the paramount lesson I've imbibed is to relish every instant without fretting. If only I could retain my vitality indefinitely, to instill in today's youth the value of well-being. To enable them to savor their youthful pursuits throughout life and grow old while embracing the spirit of their teenage years, unburdened by health concerns.

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.