Existing Member?

CASA RIDO Travel while you'll learn!

A Birthday Journey Towards the East Coast of Zamboanga City

PHILIPPINES | Sunday, 8 December 2019 | Views [428]

Sometimes your mindset shifts to what you don’t expect that it doesn’t happen anymore and yet it is still being practiced by some. It became also a major concern too that you feel amazing with the original tradition that brings you to the real root that you feel you are still at HOME.

Traveling 71.2 km towards the east coast of Zamboanga City is not new to me. My student who is a local resident from this District invited me many times ago but I denied his invitation but what turns me on is when he said it’s his birthday. Indeed flabbergasted remembering my role as his second parent. My duties and responsibilities have granted but with a little confusion that I might travel alone to the unknown place that only a little did I know. A night before his classmate SMS me if I will pursue the plan and I reply with absolute caps lock mode “YES WE SHOULD GO”.

Apparently, the day comes I brought a birthday cake and ask the saleslady to print it “CAIA” but wondering is that his name? Anyway, my intention is whoever it is I just want to make their day “Happy”. Because I believe in this quote: “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. by Steve Maraboli” unquote.

Driving in some smooth and rough chicken intestine alike high way as they name it, have forced me to stop twice and check the radiator because it showers water in the interior part of the machine electrical wiring of my vintage 5k utility jeep that stops me driving. But luckily it provokes me the idea to sustain organic leaves taken from the banana plant similar to the driver who is also used of organic that helps me cover the lid of my radiator to make my jeep run smoothly again.

Seemingly we have reached our destination but not knowingly the never-ending road is just the beginning of another interior journey from the highway. It is about 4 to 5km going to the house of the celebrant.

Surprisingly my state of bewilderment has clarified upon reaching their household. Yes, it was the daughter of Mrs. Gonzales's birthday who is my co-teacher. Check I got the right spelling printed in the cake while staring at the tarpaulin. Screening around got me what is I opt: simplicity and contentment that put us into a state of total calmness, obviously vigorous in the faces of every visitor around. Chavacano here has preserved its traditions in celebrating birthday reflecting the life of our ancestors and I’m proud I’m at Home.

Tags: chavacano, chavacano birthday celebration, chavacano birthday song, vitali, zamboanga city

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.