Existing Member?

CASA RIDO Travel while you'll learn!

Run-Through Creates Picture-Perfect

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 31 August 2015 | Views [1053] | Comments [1]

Watching “UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN” during my high school days let me foresee and day dream of what my opportunity will be.” Just for a short idea about the film? “UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN follows San Francisco writer Frances Mayes (Diane Lane) to Italy as a good friend offers her a special gift -- 10 days in Tuscany. Once there, she is captivated by its beauty and warmth and impulsively buys an aging, but very charming, villa. Fully embracing new friends and local color, she finds herself immersed in a life-changing adventure filled with enough unexpected surprises, laughter, friendship, and romance to restore her new home -- and her belief in second chances” (This video together with the description published on Dec 29, 2011 @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On3_tl68URM)

This lets me reminisce the actress whose role is a writer which I remember she always carrying with her a writing journal that she uses to note down important thingamajig that could contribute to her story. Similarly, as what emphasized by Roslyn in the lecture video: “She discuss about maintaining a double-entry journal which it is very important and useful tool in improving our writing. It could help us record our initial thoughts about writing concerns, then later we can go back and do a self-reflection then record it again on the left-hand page of our thoughts on what we have written earlier. “ (This idea comes from Roslyn in her lecture video at MOOC)

Before I don’t believe that I could do it, but I guess due to my perseverance and positivism, I was able to contribute articles both in print and in blog (Please click the bottom links). I always believe everybody can be a writer if he or she is enjoying the inner peace within, and the wonderful nature outside. One should note that to go on writing assignment one not just only to think that it will only take one seat alone, but it takes a lot of time, days in revising the manuscript and improving the magic of grammar to make the story more thought-provoking.

Applying these ideas refines my writing adversary to positive sequel despite the bullying experiences I felt in my work before. I managed to publish online by clicking these link of the following articles I authored: http://journals.worldnomads.com/ritchiebasilio/, and http://definitelyfilipino.com/blog/author/ridodirected/

 

Tags: movie, review, tuscany, under the tuscan sun

Comments

1

Check by my MOOC peers in "UQx: Write101x English Grammar and Style" These are the following comments I Got" THANKS A LOT!

PEER 1-Peer's assessment:
Thanks for the opportunity of reading your text. I really liked it. And thanks for sharing your blog, I will definetly take a look at it later. I read your "The Great Pretender" post and found it very interesting. Being Brazilian, I also thought we should try to develop a perfect accent, whether British or American, but once an Irish English teacher told me that having an accent is even a bit charming. So, let's not worry about it. Good luck with the course, and let's work hard! Camila

PEER 2-Peer's assessment:
I also liked the film mentioned in this response, it is the perfect example of writing and attitude to life. I liked this response very much, though the linkers joining the different parts of the text might be more obvious, because paragraphs are diverse and it is not always easy to see the connection between them. But it is only my personal opinion.

PEER 3-Peer's assessment:
Your assignment is very original. I didn't expect to find a task about "Under the Tuscan Sun" movie. I think you did a great job by comparing this movie with the stuff we've learned in this course. Very good job! And thank you for links, they are helpful! :)

  ritchiebasilio Aug 31, 2015 9:17 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.