Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

Life up North

NORWAY | Monday, 28 May 2012 | Views [622]

I cannot imaging what this area is like in Winter with no daylight for 2 whole months each year! It has been raining constantly now for 3 days and this morning I woke to a fresh layer of snow on the van! I have been in Tromso for 2 nights and spent several hours in  the town exploring the place, being Sunday most shops were closed but there was a cruise ship in dock and a 5 a side football competition in the town centre. The town does have some charm and one or two signature buildings but they choose to paint all the houses in grey or calf scour yellow which does not make for a bright looking town. The tourist season does not start til 1 june this far north so most of the public buildings and museums are closed at weekends! I was hoping for the clouds to break so that I could get a view of the midnight sun. I stayed up just in case but by 11.30pm it was snowing hard so I turned in! Today I have travel further north to above the 70degree line to a town called Alta! I cannot say what the journey was like as it was heavy rain as I left the 2 ferry journeys were in  fog and the road over the moutains was white over with snow and in fog. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.