Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

The delightful Lofoten Islands

NORWAY | Friday, 25 May 2012 | Views [573]

I was not prepared for the delights of these Islands, The journey over on the ferry took me across Vestfjord on a cold, damp morning, but the view of the mainland Mountains brightened the day. On the Ferry I met a man from Suffolk who is a Horse Whisperer! Taught by the famous one in the USA! He was very interesting to talk to. The campsite at Sandsletta is on a small Fjord facing the open sea where the next stop west is Greenland! But What Views! It is daylight now 24/7 but I’ve not yet seen the midnight sun as it has been pouring down at night! My explorations took me a bit south to the town of Henningsvaer where to my astonishment I thought all the locals had hung the winter socks out to dry, It certainly smelt like it, but on closer inspection they turned out to be drying Cod, apparently the Scandinavians enjoy eating dry rotten fish! I was also nearly tempted to stay a while as this weekend they have 3 Days of Fish and Music called wait for it…….CODSTOCK!!!  (Sunday at 14.00 looks enticing!.....) NOrWAY!!!!! The last picture show that these Viking still have an eye on invading other coutries!!

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.