Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

Fjordland

NORWAY | Thursday, 10 May 2012 | Views [420]

A few of my plans have had to change as some of the roads are still closed because of snow. Above 2000ft. winter is reluctant to let spring in. Yesterday I spent about 2 hours above 3000ft. in driving snow! I was unable to get near to either Priests Rock or to the other lookout at Tysseldal, but I have managed to get to Hardanger Fjord at a camp near Lofthus and now I’m in the Sognafjorden at a place called Flam. To get here it took a ferry journey and numerous tunnels one over 11kms long! Why are tunnels always curved? I arrived in bright sunlight and the views are really stunning so this afternoon I took a train ride up to Myrdal some 2500 above the fjord. Why do people go on scenic ride and spend the whole journey moaning about other people taking photos out of open windows? Anyway I have to move on so tomorrow I take a 2 hour ferry ride down the Fjord toward Bergen!

 

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.