Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

Navimag and Fiordland

CHILE | Friday, 2 April 2010 | Views [368]

It's Friday morning and I've just got off the boat from Puerta Natales. (I thought the local paper has a wonderful name!) We left Tuesday morning at 7 and arrived here at 7 so we've been on the boat for just 72 hours. We have travelled north about 900 kms (600miles) and during that time the only things manmade we saw were: 1 fishing village(pto Eden) where we got off for an hour, (the boardwalk is the main street, not vehicles at all, the only way in and out is by boat 1 sailing boat,1 fishing boat and several Ship Wreaks.

The sceanery was amazing hundred no thousands of small uninhabited islands and hundreds of fiords and inlets. We also visited the Amelia glacier where the ice field extended for miles. So of the sunrises and sunsets were also great!

I was in "cattle" class but the bunks were comfy and it was warm and clean and they fed us 3 times a day!

The boat that can hold over 300 passengers was nealy empty one lad counted less than 80 people on board so I think I spoke to nearly everyone, I've also made a few more friends and contacts.

I'm off to see some Vocano's later so lets hope it does not erupt.

Chow

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.