Existing Member?

A life less ordinary What started out as 12months in Sydney has turned into a great adventure - taking in Australia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and now 'home' in Dubai.

Weekend Activities

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Saturday, 16 April 2011 | Views [473]

So since my last post we have managed to part take in a few non music related things which has been pretty cool. This weekend Redbull X fighters were 'battling it out' in a stadium that had been built on the beach about a 10 minute walk from where we live. I have never been to any live extreme sports and it was amazing! Check out the pics to see some of the tricks these guys did on the bikes - was totally bonkers! Then, this morning whilst Daire and I were pouring over the morning papers and time out I saw that it is the Gulf Film Festival at the moment so this afternoon we went to a free screening of 2 documentaries that were filmed in Iran and Iraq. It was really interesting and the fact that it was free was a brucey bonus. It goes to show that there are 'alternative' things to do here if you really look for it. We finished off the afternoon with a meal in a lovely Persian restaurant near the Cinema in Dubai Festival City and now we're 'relaxing' at home with the Man U/ Man City derby on the TV....get us! Oh so cultural!!!

About partners-in-crime


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.