Existing Member?

Paolo and the World "You're off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting. So get on your way." -Dr. Seuss

Journey to Puro's Lighthouse

PHILIPPINES | Sunday, 23 October 2011 | Views [267]

Babel

My plane arrived at Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport in Tacloban City at 5:30 am on November 24, 2011. After that. I rode a van bounded for Borongan City. The trip was 5-hours long. 

I arrived Lolo's at 12 noon and my cousins were there to meet me and pick me up for an Island Trip. Uncle Ben lend us his boat and Auntie Mayet prepared our food. The plan was simple visit a couple of islands and spend the night on one of it. My cousins were so excited. They never gave me a chance to rest. We went to the port immediately. We changed our plans before leaving the port. We decided to have our island hopping adventures on the next day so we headed for Puro Halipot. That was the Island we chose to sleep in. 

We arrived at Puro just before the sunset. So, we decided to to visit the Island's famous abandoned light house. It was located at the island's highest point. It was only an effortless 30-minute walk from the shore. The view at the old lighthouse was breath-taking. We spent an hour at the light house watching boats go by and taking photos of ourselves. This place was so relaxing. I can't believe I go to this place every summer and I never visited this lighthouse.

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.