Existing Member?

A Couple's Encounters

Kanchanaburi to pet some tigers and chill out in a hot spring

THAILAND | Monday, 6 December 2010 | Views [447]

Eye of the Tiger it’s the trill of the fight…:  Today we went to see the Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi.  It’s really cool we got lots of nice pics in petting the tigers and amongst all the other animals roaming about like cow/buffalo type animals, boars, ostriches, horses, an eagle and a camel.

Hot! Hot!: Tour day today.  We grabbed the tour mini bus at 8 in the morning and headed out of town to see the Sai Yok Noi Waterfall.  Then on for a bit if history to the Hellfire Pass memorial museum and site where we saw the remains of the Konyu Cutting and learned all about World War II and the effects it had on Thailand.  After we were filled with knowledge we headed off to the hot water springs for a nice dip to chill out.  This is where the Japanese soldiers relaxed on their day off during the war.  Another elephant trek in the jungle to follow and some bamboo rafting downstream.  We finished of the day with a visit to the Krasae Cave which was originally used as a hospital and bomb shelter during the war.  There we also saw the wooden bridge built by the Australian soldiers in only three weeks while under capture as prisoners of war by the Japanese.  We then we caught the train across the famous death railway so named to commemorate all the soles who died during construction.  Homeward bound then for Kanchanaburi by minibus.

Tags: bamboo rafting, bridge over the river kwai festival, death railway, elephant trek, hellfire pass, tiger temple

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.