Existing Member?

thewheelsonthebusgo 'Seize the pleasure at once' - Jane Austen.

Gas Crisis

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 26 July 2008 | Views [634]

We really don’t know much about the Western Australian Gas Crisis because we haven’t heard a radio, read a newspaper or seen tv news since approx Feb 17, 2008.  All we do know is that since we’ve been in WA, lights in shops are used sparely and u trip over coz you can’t see where you are walking.  It feels like you are in the supermarket when the supermarket is closed, it’s that dull in there.  Using electricity has something to do with using gas.  And there’s a gas crisis so in WA no-one is using much electricity!  So there.  (Must update my current affairs knowledge).

Anyway, we reached Norseman today, which is the official beginning of the Nullarbor when travelling west to east.  The woman behind the counter at the servo asked me where I was headed today.  I told her “The Nullarbor”.  She hasn’t been across it yet.  Cruel Nullarbor, just sitting there across from the servo, teasing the poor woman with its promises of seeing what’s on the other side.

Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

50 kilometres into the Nullarbor we saw a pair of cyclists and waved at them.  They’ve got a long way to go!  Good luck to them.

And I am dancing in the moving bus.  No corners.  No problems.

That means that I am in fact dancing across the Nullarbor.

Tags: crisis, gas, norseman, nullarbor, wa, western australia

About onthebus


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.