Existing Member?

thewheelsonthebusgo 'Seize the pleasure at once' - Jane Austen.

Dodgey Dave's Dialogue

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 1 April 2008 | Views [374]

If I ever see another lemon it will be too soon.  This was my thought after picking and then doing a couple of days packing the evil yellow fruit that spewed out of the conveyer at what seemed a ridiculous high rate of knots.  I was hopelessly overwhelmed and Konrad who was manning the other side of the monster agreed.

Then there were the mandarins. If I ever see another mandarin it will be too soon.

And now I’m doing apples and after only 4 days I can tell they too will be on the list of never agains.

There was those French girls at Gayndah who were heading to Townsville.  I think they were going to work on a prawn farm.  I wonder if I worked there if my favourite of all foods would also make the list?

Who knows by the time we get to our destination {does anyone know where this is? We sure don’t.} I probably will eat only non-pickables such as giant squid and dodo eggs.  Mmmm dodo eggs.

We have been having fun on the roads talking to the truckies on the CB.  We tell them we will get out of their way and they tell us good spots and we share small talk.  One guy we let past said we would probably catch up to him on the next hill which we did.  We spent 10 minutes crawling up this steep windy road at 5kph no kidding so we had a good chat.  On the other side he would tell us if the narrow bridges were clear for us until he left us in his wake.

About onthebus


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.