Existing Member?

thewheelsonthebusgo 'Seize the pleasure at once' - Jane Austen.

Eating Bogong

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 4 April 2008 | Views [427]

In the dog friendly caravan park we are staying at, are 4 Pugs (snuffle, grunt, snuffle), a British Bull Dog with the bulkiest & broadest shoulders I have ever seen on a short statured dog and Clancy, the fluffy female camp dog who lives here full time.  Vic has a wonderful time, sniffing their bums and peeing on their patches but she is a little forlorn as she is missing Tiny the Dachshund whose chest & tummy dragged along the ground while she walked.  (Vic enjoyed chasing Tiny because she was so slow).  Paul our trailer-camper neighbour, cheered Vic up today by giving her 2 lamb chops from a fresh kill.  The locals pay only $10 for a sheep at the sale yards with a broken leg – that’s if they can provide the slaughterman. 

Vic and I see some interesting things during our walkies.  Today we saw Gigantor the Bogong Moth, which according to Dan, you can eat.   Mmm bush tucker.  The moth was having a rest on the brickwork.  Its length was the width of the brick.  Its head was the size of a super ball.  It was furry & fuzzy & amazingly cuddly looking & I prayed that it wouldn’t make a bee-line for my cornea coz I had two insects suicide on my eyeball yesterday while cycling, blinding me for half a block.

We also saw a car with a cocky A.C.T number plate. Rather than claiming to be The Garden State or On The Move or The Sunshine State or The Smart State (are you kidding me Queensland?), The Premier State or Towards 2000 (are you going backwards NSW?) its rather bold statement was, See The Power of Canberra.  Oh puke you purgative pollies.  Off your pulpit before I pulverise you!  You puny, pungent, purulent puppets.

I’m off to boil and baste, broil and bake a Bogong.

About onthebus


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.