Existing Member?

thewheelsonthebusgo 'Seize the pleasure at once' - Jane Austen.

Random Shower Incident + Engrish

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 31 March 2008 | Views [453] | Comments [1]

And so I was washing my hair in the amenities block at the caravan park and I felt a ‘ping’ on my calf.  I discovered a shimmering metal object on the tiles and picked it up.  It was the ‘H’ out of the hot water (tap).  I popped it on the shower bench and decided to replace it after I had finished with my hair.  I rinsed out the shampoo and as I bent forward to reach for the conditioner bottle, something hard and metallic thunked me on my bony spine.  I yelled out an obscenity.  Throughout the ladies room, echoed a resounding “FARK FARK FARK FARK.”  On the tiled floor lay the remainder of the (tap).  On the wall, only a big spring. 

But for every bad thing, there is always a good thing to balance it out.  Ying meets Yang. 

Someone had left an empty shampoo bottle behind, too lazy to place it in the bin.      On the label: Hello Hydration!  I felt some Engrish coming on.  (For those of you not in the know, go to www.engrish.com it is bloody hilarious.  Guaranteed belly laughs).  So I picked up the bottle and read the back label.  It proudly exclaimed:

Be luscious.  Soak me in and you’ll feel so soft.  Want more moisture where I come from?  Seek my happily hydrated conditioner.  Let your hair drink it up.  Replenish your pretty parched head.   It’s time to take every strand off dry land.   Drink to your health every day.

So I went back to the bus, rubbing my sore sorry spine.  I was rather parched in fact.  So I poured myself a vodka, lime & soda.  The shampoo made me do it.

Comments

1

Good one Bern! Nice to have someone or something to blame.
And what's more great to see you have your Bar stocked.

  Odette Apr 23, 2008 11:31 AM

About onthebus


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.