Existing Member?

Owen's Travel Journal

Yet Another Change of Plans

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 16 April 2009 | Views [330]

Oh how I love to change my plans. After discussions with my mum, we both decided that if I was to work for 3 weeks, after paying money to change my flights and for food and accommodation, it wasn't really going to be worth it for the ammount of spending money that I would be left with. So i've decided NOT to work while im in New Zealand. Although this would have been a cool experience, and one of the main reasons I came, it just doesn't make sense. If I ever come back to NZ, which I really would like to, then I'll do some work then! For now I'm just scraping together all the money I can get to get me through my travels and then working very hard when I get home to pay it all off! Any donations are more than welcome. :P

Yesterday I had the most chilled day ever. Most of the day I was in my part of the hostel all by myself which was really nice, made a change. I sat and read for ages and just relaxed. I absolutely love the hostel I'm in, probably my favourite so far, so layed back and the staff are awesome. At night a few people showed up that were staying so I had a chat with them which was pretty cool. Then I read some more. It took me like 3 hours to get to sleep though, probably the lack of doing anything combined with the ammount of coffee I had drank were to blame.

Today I had planned on going for a walk or something to make up for doing nothing yesterday but its raining!? Whats the deal with that?

I went to the i-Site and booked myself a bus to Nelson for tomorrow. Later on today I'll sort myself out some accommodation there for the next few days; I plan on doing a 2 day trek through the Abel Tasman National Park which is in the area. One day I do hiking for ages (like the Tongariro Crossing except Abel Tasman is very flat, hurray for my legs), I camp overnight in the park and then the next day I do kayaking for the whole day which should be awesome, pretty sore on the arms though I'd imagine. I'm looking forward to it anyway. After that I'll see if I can get myself booked back onto a Kiwi Experience bus and then continue my travels down south.

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.