Existing Member?

Owen's Travel Journal

Hong Kong Phooey - ByeByes

HONG KONG | Wednesday, 18 March 2009 | Views [360]

Our last day in Hong Kong! Pretty cool city, and I probably would go back to it sometime, but we did see and do most of the main attractions in our stay.

The morning was free time as usual so 6 of us went and took a tram ride on, according to Lyon, one of the worlds only double decker trams. It took us a long way from where we were staying so we wandered around there for a bit. It seemed a much more quiter area, more locals and less people in general going around. We took the subway back, grabbed a veggie burger and got on the bus for our final tour.

Our first stop was at a the temple for the god of people in the medical profession. Pretty cool chinese buildings with some shrines that i wasnt allowed to take photos of and so so so so many people burning insence. We were all very smelly of it back on the bus. Our next stop was a pine garden full of very expensive pine trees Lyon said. There was also a nunery here that was much the same as the temple just less insence, but it was fairly impressive. Our last stop was the Jade Market. Loads and loads of stalls selling eveything ever made of jade. Although most stall owners could have been bargained down to half price, I decided not to get anything.

We all jumped on the bus and were taken to Hong Kong airport where i learned to play Italian Snap, which was fun but painful. 2 hours of waiting and we were on board another 12 hour flight which I was dreading. Luckily this time i managed to get about 6 hours sleep so it was much much much better. Bye bye Hong Kong...

Tags: hong kong stop over

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.