Existing Member?

Kate's European Adventures.

An Australian Singer in Dublin (and a little update of the fella situation).

IRELAND | Tuesday, 31 March 2009 | Views [683] | Comments [1]

Don't get too excited mum, the update on the fella situation is only what I told you on skype the other day! But for the rest of you, you'll have to wait until the end of this entry.

Now to the Austrlian singer - Erin bought us tickets to see Ben Lee play a the Sugar Club in Dublin last Sunday night. Both of us had seen him play before and knew that he's a really great performer. And at €15 a ticket it wasn't that much more than seeing a movie. So we trudged off on the number 11 bus for a night on the town. We had decided to make a night of it so we made our way south of Dame st, but not so far as St Stephen's Green to find a place to eat. We stumbled apon a brightly lit asian restaurant called Mao's (which because even nore exciting when we discovered the coeliac menu for Erin). We opted for the €18.95 2 course special and ate ourselves silly on Malaysian chicken curry and Nasi Goreng. By far the best food I've eaten in Dublin, as well as great value for money (which is often hard to find in this city).

Then on to the Sugar Club for Ben Lee's concert This is a great venue for live performances. It has this jazzy little cocktail lounge vibe, with the tiered seating leading away from the stage, complete with tables in front of the lounge style seating. With the Irish support act, and the American guy accompanying Ben Lee, is sure did have a great feel, but you couldn't deny the fact that there were quite a few Aussies there cheering and singing along. The Irish fella sitting next to me and enthusiastically singing along was almost as entertaining as Ben Lee's performance.

And the best bit - it finished just in time to catch the bus back to Drumcondra.

Here's the update: When mum asked me if I'd found myself a nice Irish bloke I replied: I can't understand what they're saying, none of them have jobs and they certainly don't have any money, so no, I'm still on the look out! Sorry to dissappoint.

Comments

1

C'mon Kate, do you really need to understand what they're saying?

  Ann Jun 2, 2009 2:54 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.