Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Perth and catching up with old friends!

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 6 March 2012 | Views [564]

Ah how nice it was to be met at the airport by Kirsty!
No trying to work out how to get from A-B!

I was really ready for some home comforts after slumming it in hostels. We had a great first night eating kebabs and drinking wine.
The next day I lounged in my pjamas and watched morning TV which was bliss-even had my marmite on toast!
In the afternoon Kirsty took me on a little road trip and we visited Hilarys beach, Scarborough beach and Kings park.
We had an early start the next day as we were leaving for the Margret River where we had booked a cabin for the weekend and a wine tour.
After a nice drive to the river, well for me -Kirsty was driving! We got to the little campsite where we were staying which was lovely. Nice little cabin with kitchenette, just by the river.
Its such a nice setting with a river in the campsite with lots of very friendly ducks (greedy too!)
We set off on our wine tour and basically spent the day tasting wine and eating cheese! Very nice indeed!
Although I'm no wine connoisseur (I drink Lambrini !) it was fun tasting all the wines, I especially enjoyed the cheese part. 
The next day we went tp Canal rocks where the sea was unbelievable  - so crazy. The waves were huge and crashing against the rocks.
In the afternoon we made the most of the BBQ by the river back at the campsite and had a huge feast and wine. The ducks were off course helping us with the food. They were so tame they were take food from your hand. The parrots are everywhere there too-they will come and sit on your balcony after food.

I met up with my Aussie friend Natasha, who I had met at Superdrug on the Wednesday and she took me to Rottnest Island just about 1/2 bpat ride from Perth.
After a fun journey there, we picked up our bikes we hired and explored the island. Had a lovely day, swimming in the sea, eating ice cream and it was so good to catch up!
I even got to see a Quorkka, which looks like a mini kangaroo/rat -so cute!

I also visited Freemantle prison which was horrible-tiny cells. Cant believe it was still open in the 90s!
Perth is a really nice, laid back place which seems to always be sunny!
I enjoyed Freemantle too and spent the day there on the Saturday with Natasha-cool markets there too.

So after a lovely relaxing week I was off to Bali, where i am now trying to write in 35 degree heat! Sorry probbly my worst entry yet but this heat is too much!!!!
More on Ubud later..

xxx

Ps thanks Kirsty for a great week!!!

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.