Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Melbourne and the Great Ocean road

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 24 February 2012 | Views [677] | Comments [1]

Melbourne -second time round
 
So here I am back in Melbourne - I landed here very early saturday morning - 3am!
As the considerate girl I am, I used my phone as a torch so not too wake anyone. Just got to sleep at about 4am when the light comes on and stays on for 2 hours! Even when I turned it off some drunk girl turned it straight back on..grrrr
So I woke up Sunday and turned the light on much to the hungover girls distress but hey ho!! The other girls in my room are really sweet even if they don't understand me as one girl from South Korea doesn't speak much English.
Wandered about the city for a while. Read for ages by the river and just chilled. In the evening I met up with Tom and Maddy-my friends from Cambodia and Thailand. We are all pretty poor so we got some ciders and sat by the river drinking and catching up. Ended up seeing a few sights! A boat with a stripper on there surrounded by about 50 women! Then if that wasnt enough nakedness for the night, a man jumped into the river starkers and swam across the river, got to the bank the other side and chased some man about. Entertaining!
After our ciders we headed to Brunswick Street to a bar, then ended up at a house party in Richmond.
Next morning with a slightly sore head I spent some time in the city window shopping.
On Monday I made it down for the free breakfast of toast as I was meeting Maddy and Tom pretty early in a place called Hurstbridge. We had a bit of a wander about and had a fab lunch. Headed back in the city and met my friend Jemma for some wine in a nice bar. Jemma is living here for a year so is trying to find work here at the moment. I could quite easily live here myself!
Tuesday was another lovely day-mooching about the ciity. Jemma and I had booked tickets for Dracula's in the evening. Draculas is like a caberet show wiith a spooky element to it. You also have a 3 course meal whilst there. It was pretty good, food wasnt that amazing but the show was good and the ghost ride to the restaurant was hilarious!  I somehow got persuaded to stay out with Jemma, despite having a 7am start for a tour..so easily influenced eh!? Had a really funny nigh..something I regretted when my alarm went off the next morning!
Oh my head hurt that morning and waking up with 10 minuttes to get ready didnt help!
Also didnt help I hadnt been sleeping that well due to sharing a room with an imsomminiac. She literally was up all night with her light on next to my bed playing on her computer. Drived me mad! Looking forward too Perth even more now-no inconsiderate roomies!
After passing out on the bus for an hour, I woke up to the most views and the gorgeous Bell's beach. Its famous surfing place where lots of competitions held. We then head off along the Great Ocean Road which was the road built after world war 1. Its a very long sttrecth of road along the coast line and is really beautiful. I was on the left haand side so had a greay view of the ocean and mountains. We stopped off at various places, one being the 12 Apostles. AMAZING! So pleased I didnt give in to my hangover and miss the tour as it was such a sight to see. The sun was beginning to go down so the sea was all sparkly. I will pop some pics up soon. The final stops on the tour was an amazing deserted beach and a cove which had a tragic story of a  shipwreck behind it.  See its not all sun, chilling and beer, I'm learning stuff too!
It was a long day and I didnt get back until about 9pm, so it was straight to bed and up early to pack for Perth!!

I expect the next update on the blog will involve fake moustaches, fancy dress and alot of alcohol. I am staying with Kirsty-my school friend who has lived in Oz for about 5 years now and we have been known to get up to mischeif!! She is kindly letting me crash at hers for over a week so its going to be a fun week. No bunk beds in sight!  We are off camping tomorrow near the Margret River which is going to be brill. We shall be stocking up on booze and food and going on a wine tour!

Speak soon xxxx

Comments

1

Hi Kerry,
It all sounds wonderful & as eventful as ever! Have a fun time staying with Kirsty in Perth. It'll be great for you both to catch up. Looking forward to hearing all about your next adventures!! I have a feeling there will be plenty more!... Have fun!
Lots of Love xx

  Helen Mar 1, 2012 6:37 AM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.