Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Sydney !!!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 30 January 2012 | Views [529] | Comments [1]

Hey guys!
Well the tour has finished and here I am in Sydney. I had such a good time on the tour..I was dubious at first as I dont like being told what to do and do enjoy my own spcae but I met so many lovely new friends and really laughed everyday. The rain seemed to follow us whereever we went but I am happy to say today is a scorcher!
Now to update you on the hostel from hell...4 of us from the tour hadnt booked anywhere to stay for the Friday night (stupidly I had booked the wrong dates for my place) so we ended up booking somewhere one of the girls booked. Big mistake. The warning signs should have been there when the street outside was full of litter and kids that looked like they were from Skins. The lobby also stank and the lift was broken, hence having to wait about 15 mins each time you needed the lift-we were on the 9th floor! 
We entered our room door to the smell of stale sweat and must and a bald man passed out on the bed. The room was so small our heads would be practically be touching. Myself and Bethan went downstairs to get a drink and by the time we came back the other 2 girls were checking out as they couldnt bear to stay there.  Being on such a budget we decided to stay as we couldnt lose the money! We started drinking the goon (very cheap white wine) out of the only clean cup I could find which was a 'worlds best dad' mug. This eased the pain a little and we got chatting to the quiet German girl before heading out to meet up with the other girls who were staying in much more savoury surroundings! haha

It was great fun thoigh in the end as we just had a laugh about it all. Did I mention the toliet door was also broken and had to be lifted to cover the door????

Had a great night out and the next day went for some lunch with everyone and had a wander about. In the evening we just went to the cinema and had pretty early nights!

I had a fab day yesterday -we took the open top bus round the city and saw the harbour bridge and the opera house and much more.

It was lovely sitting out by the Opera house drinking cider -I took some pics so hoping to upload soon!

Today we have just come back from Bondi which was really cool. Meeting up tonight with some girls from the tour and a couple of girls I met in Cairns so should be fun :)

Tomorrow off to Manly Beach by ferry and the next day off to Melbourne. I should mention at this point that I have moved into a gorgeous hostel now with views over the city -its bliss ! Although missing my bedroom :( \

xxxxx

Comments

1

Hi Kerry,
We can always rely on you to provide an interesting & eventful tale!!...
I have to say though, the place where you were staying sounded like the hostel from Hell! UGH! So glad you have moved on!
Apart from the dodgy accommodation, it all sounds great! Really pleased that you're having the time of your life, and have met some nice people to enjoy it all with. Hope Melbourne will be just as much fun.
Keep us posted & hope to chat soon.
Lots of love xx

  Helen Jan 30, 2012 9:52 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.