Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Day at the raunch

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 27 January 2012 | Views [568] | Comments [1]

Hey all,

So its been a fab couple of weeks-met some lovely friends and covered alot of ground! 

One of my fave days had to be at the ranch where I discovered a secret talent with goats. 

I decided to take the option of going goat mustering. Basically everyday you hve optional activities to do which can be anything from tours to horse riding. They can be pretty pricey ($100) so hence my budget problems.

Anyway enough of that! I rode a lovely paint horse called Max who was gorgeous and we went all over the ranch looking for the goats to round up. Once we found them we had to herd to their pens for the night shouting aboriginal chants which was fun . After that I tried clay pigeon shooting but not being a fan of guns, I didn't really enjoy it! Next up we were asked to get into teams of 3 and find a goat related name for our team. We called ourselves 'give up the goat'. The aim was to lasso a goat then bring it to the side of the arena and pretend to brand it. It started of a bit of a disaster as I thought he said 'go' but he had only said 'goat'! But funnily enough I managed to lasso a goat first time! After starting again we managed to grab one and I had to straddle it but dont worry the goat was so unfazed by it all! We made a coupleof mistakes after that and thought we had done really badly so were not really listening when they said 'Give up the Goat' were the winners! Our team wss then called to the arena and we were asked to stand by a wall each and when the whistle went we would have to catch a baby goat and carry it to the side making it calm. Somehow I managed to catch one and was happily cuddling it within about 20 seconds whilst the rest were still trying to find one so I like to think its good karma coming back to me ! I was the champion!

I didnt however fare so well in the bucking bronco later that evening falling straight off on both attempts! haha

It was one of my favourite days of the tour and really was so mush fun!

We have been to Brisbane, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay and Crescents head in the last few days and as you may well of heard there have been flash floods and torrential rain! Today I at a Surfing camp and had my first lesson last night. Not my best sport I must say! The best part was us all jumping through all the waves and getting knocked over. They were huge and one minute you would be standing there the nest you would be on the beach. So funny! 

We are heading to Sydney today where I will be until Wednesday -I will spend some more time with the girls and then will be off to Melbourne and maybe Fiji depending on the flood situation. Its been great being with everyone but expensive as its horrible missing out on trips/nights out so I have probably spent a bit more than I planned but its so expensive its shocking!! 

Next update from Sydney xxx

Comments

1

Sounds like you have been a busy bee hun! Let me know if you are Around for a chin wag at the weekend! Xx

  Rachel Jan 28, 2012 4:14 AM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.