Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Back to Bangkok -Sukhumvit

THAILAND | Saturday, 7 January 2012 | Views [615] | Comments [1]

Bangkok is amusing me..just had to sign that I would not be bringing prosittutes back to my hotel room. 

Haha this city is crazy!

The hostel I am staying at is so cool. Its called Suk 11 and is in the Sukhumvit area as I fancied a change from the Khosan Road. Its really pretty and tucked down one of the soi (small roads) and has about 4 floors and is wooden with lovely Buddha shrines throughout and lots of previous travllers graffiti on the walls. I probably am not describing it to its full potential but trust me its lovely! Plus I get free breakfast!

There are 'Sex tourists will be evicted' signs throughout so you can see I am in a funny area!

Its very different from the Khosan Road -more expensive food wise for a start but I am skipping lunch and just having breakfast and street food as I think Ko Tao didnt do much for my diet :(

Once again I had some man running after me asking if I want my palm read-apparently I will have a very happy next 3 months (wonder what will happen after that-something to look forward to) and that my heart is blocked. Charming. Needless to say I made a swift exit.

I couldn't resist the shopping malls- they are just everywhere here-seems I have ended up in the place where there are wall to wall malls. I have to admit I did get a couple of bits and maybe some things for my house so they have been sent back home along with some of my clothes. I seem to be forever sending things back but this is the last time honest and its cheap! My rucksack should now be super light!

I took the sky train last night so I could go to Patpong night market which was an experience! It was quite good fun working out how to get there and I didn't even get lost.

You can literally but anything there from Viagra to v-necks. There is alot of dodgy stuff on sale let me tell you- nothing that will be in my package home that's for sure.The market is also surrounded by some very dubious clubs. For the sake of Mothers nerves I wont say what they were called or what you could see when the doors opened ;)

For some reason Thai men thought I would actually want to go in there and I had the list of various entertainments shoved in my face a few times-one was so persistent he followed me through the market.

The stalls sell the funniest stuff -I think the strangest thing I saw was a pillowcase that just said "I love you, I am gay" So so random!

Such a crazy area -really did see some sights. Guys wining and dining ladyboys,and you can probably imagine the rest!


Its funny how the 3 months I have been away have made me so much braver. When I first arrived in Bangkok I was really nervous, worried about even leaving my room at times and worried I was going to be all alone. Now I am taking crazy journeys through Bangkok traffic, and venturing about on my own not worrying too much about things.I have made some really cool friends on the way who I plan to see again and even have a invite to a wedding :)

Getting set for Australia now and I am really excited. I have loved South East Asia but I am really excited about going to Oz, seeing Kirsty of course and Vegemite!

Speak soon xxxx

Comments

1

Hey ! I have been laughing out loud! Glad your enjoying Bangkok better this time around! So did u buy the pillow case? I feel like I can really picture where you are and I'm very jealous of all the crazy adventures your having! I hope you have a nice safe flight to oz tomo! Text me when your there so we can arrange a skype chat! Xxx

  Rachel Jan 8, 2012 11:24 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.