Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Ko Tao-Chumpon-Bangkok. What a journey!

THAILAND | Thursday, 5 January 2012 | Views [485]

Hey all,


Well I am finally off the islands now!

I was really sad to say goodbye to my lovely bungalow but it was time to go and move towards Bangkok so I could get ready for my flight to Oz.

Also sad to have to leave Full Moon the blind in one eye dog. She seemed to love me and one I was in a world of my own sunbathing on the beach and suddenly she pounced on my face trying to give me a kiss-how she found me I dont know! She then proceeded to fall asleep on my feet much to the horror of most of the other sunbathers. As I said before she does look a bit of a brute. She seemed to keep popping up on my balcony after that. I woke up at about 5 one morning convinced someone was trying to get in my room- oh no it was just Full Moon making herslef comfy on one of my chairs. I went to join her for a bit and we looked like a couple of old ladies! She even found me one night at a restaurant and went to sleep on my feet under the table. Bless her!

Anyway enough about dogs..people may start to think I am strange!

So stupidly I didn't realise how busy transport would be back to Bangkok due to the holidays so all the trains were fully booked for days so I was looking at having to get the dreaded night bus. Always a bit nervous about long journeys at night due to some horror stories. I decided to head to Chumpon and spend a couple of nights there and check the place out. My boat was due at 2.45 but they had over-sold the boats so I ended up on the second one which finally arrived at about 4.30! Bear in mind this whole time I was sat outside in torrential rain as there was no shelter. My cagoule at this point also presented itself not to be waterproof which is always helpful.

The journey was a bit of a nightmare -the rain was so bad it was coming through the vents on the ceiling and rushing down the aisles. We finally arrived and had to walk down a long narrow pier with no lights which was pretty scary. I also didnt realise when they drop you off in Chumpon town they literally do just that and there are no taxis/maps etc so I had great fun lugging round my ever expanding rucksack in the rainy night. But finally found a place to stay even if it did look like an asylum!

Just spent the next day recovering and wandering round town and arranging my bus for the next day. 7am pick up -arriving in Bangkok for about 4pm.

I find it so hard to get up in the morning as you all probably know so it was a struggle so I was hoping I would get a nice comfy coach but nope it was a basic job with no air-con.

Managed to get a nice seat by myself thinking I could stretch out and sleep but oh no-I get a Thai lady and her family sharing the seat with me for the next 8 hours! Haha only in Thailand. At least I wasn't one of the 10 locals that had to stand for the entire journey!

We finally arrived at about 4pm and I think I had lost all feeling in my bum at this point from sitting still so long!

I had left the address of where I was staying on the bloomin bus so I had to try and remember some details in order to actually get there. Decided to get a taxi not realising it was a moped taxi but he assured me that he could take me, my huge backpack and 2 other bags on there!

It was actually terrifying and brilliant at the same time..we whizzed through the roads of Bangkok in rush hour-dodging all the buses etc and squeezing through gaps in the traffic. I have to admit there were times when I closed my eyes-especially when he started talking on his mobile!

I am here to tell the tale though!

To be continued!

xx

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.