Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Last day in Thaland!!!

THAILAND | Sunday, 8 January 2012 | Views [576] | Comments [2]

Well its my last ful day in Thailand. Feel like I practically live here now!

Last night I went to the cinema and saw 'New Years eve'. The cinema was up on the 6th floor of the most amazing shopping centre I have ever seen. Its called Terminal 21 or something and as you can guess its based on an airport. A man dressed as a pilot salutes you as you come in and the customer service desk is manned by girls dressed as air stewards. So funny. I feel so scruffy here compared to the Thai girls who look amazing everyday. They make such an effort! I was interviewed by some really sweet Thai school kids today for a school project.It was rather random and was videoed but funny.

The toliets are something else. They are electronic and basically have shower functions, bidet and dryers.You can change the temperature and everything! The cinema puts Sutton to shame. The seats are so comfy and recline back and the cinema doesnt even smell of sick!

 I would recommend the film- I had a little cry which was quite embarrasing being on my own :)

Today I have just been wandering about seeing the sights! And some funny ones too! I saw a ladyboy doing the walk of shame this morning-quite a sight!

I have come to realise since I have been here that it is true-the English love to queue! Its actually quite nice as there is no such thing here as that. You can stand at 7-11 waiting and someone will just go right on in there, straight in front of you. Not just talking Thai people but loads of Westerners too! Its so funny but it makes me smile when I think of all the doors opened for you etc at home as they just get closed on you here

Anyway tonight I am just looking at Oz stuff and getting packed ready for tomorrow. Bit scared as everything looks so expensive there but I am really excited now and ready to leave.

I must be missing the bunnies as everything bunny related I seem to be drawn to-I bought them a 'Happy bunny' tin today for their treats!

Anyway I better go and get on with my Oz stuff and work out how to get to the hostel!

Speak soon from down under

xxxx

Comments

1

Loving the blog as always Kerry!
Thailand has sounded like quite an experience, and we love reading about all the weird & wonderful sights! Really hope the Oz is everything that you hope it will be and more!!.. Safe onward journey.
It was great talking on skype yesterday and so funny, especially with Captain Birdseye in the background!!
Hope to talk again very soon with all your news from 'Down Under'.
Take care! xx

  Helen Jan 10, 2012 6:25 AM

2

All the best for Oz Kerry-hope to talk to you on skype very soon xxx

  mum Jan 11, 2012 12:47 AM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.