Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

The Islands!

THAILAND | Monday, 19 December 2011 | Views [440] | Comments [1]

Hey all,

So I am back in Thailand and I have to say I have missed it!

I spent 3 days in Lamai in Koh Samui! Now I am a penniless backpacker I can no longer afford to stay in Chaweng so I stayed further away in a pretty chilled, quiet area.

I was sad not to have the welcome that I previously had at the airport -remember Rachel..the jungle bus and being pulled off the plane, having no idea what was going on. Hahaha

I took the mini-bus up there and at this point it was dark and about 8pm so I was dying to get somewhere to crash for the night and finally after my driver getting very lost I stayed in Beerhouse bungalows.

I spent the next couple of days going through my rucksack (again-this is becoming the bane of my life. I hate living out of a rucksack!) and exploring.

I had the most delicious green curry at a roadside restaurant and went back both nights it was that good! 

I  also took a ride down to Chaweng to see how much things had changed and I could hardly recognise the place! Its really been built up and my old beach bar hangout is now really smart and posh! I also went looking for Bobby and Steve and Mrs Beard who were my and Rachels dogs when we were there before. Unfortunately they were not about but it was about 7 years ago :(

Thats about it for Koh Samui..next I headed to Ko Phangan where I had booked a place to chill for 6 nights and partly as the room was built on the rocks.

I took the boat to the island and then a shared taxi to the guesthouse. The roads were horrendous and only 4x4s could get there hence the place was very isolated.

The room was amazing and I will post pictures when I am on  faster computer. I had a four poster bed and huge balcony with a hammock. The bathroom actually had rocks forming part of it and also thrown in were 2 dead cockroaches in the sink!!

The bathroom started to give me the creeps after that as there was always some strange creature in there with me, which is especially scary when you have to use a torch or candle as the electricity has been turned off. Yes, there was only electricity between certain hours and after 11pm that was it till morning. I started to get freaked out as my bungalow was so isolated and you couldn't here anything apart from the waves. Nice during the day but scary at night!

Anyway not much more to tell apart from I spent one evening drinking Changs with the elderly Thai man who lives there which was funny!

I was due to stay for 6 nights but decided to head to Ko Tao where their are shops!! I had a 3 day migraine and no painkillers and the nearest shop was an 1000 baht taxi ride away!


So here I am in Ko Tao - next update will include the boat journey from hell -so so scary !

xxxx

Comments

1

Ah bobby , Steve and mrs beard ! Such a shame there not about Any more x

  Rachel Dec 23, 2011 6:07 AM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.