Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Cambodia -Phomn Pehn

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 22 November 2011 | Views [466] | Comments [4]

First things first - the roads are CRAZY!!! In the taxi on the way to my guesthouse I could not believe it. There doesnt really seem to be any rules apart from you are supposed to drive on the right but hey that doesnt even always happen!

My guesthouse -Okay Guesthouse is pretty cool. My room is small but clean and comfy. There is a communal area downstairs where they play movies and you can have meals etc. I checked in and had the most yummy Khmer curry and a couple of beers and got talking to 2 american girls and a english guy and arranged to go out with them later on. It was pretty cool and because someone knew someone who was djying we managed to get VIP so q jumped and sat ion the VIP area  which was pretty random! They advise you not to take bags out at night so I was a horrible sweaty mess by the end of the night..Ended up staying out till 5am and not getting up till late the next day. Managed to hit the markets though which were pretty crazy! There arent that many westerners here really which I am quite suprised at. The guesthouses are busy but I havent seen many about on my travels.

Off to the Tuel Suel (s21) museum tomorrow and then to the killings fields which will be very harrowing Im sure.....

xx

Comments

1

hello again, all sounds fascinating and typically you and dad together adventures, looking forward to next instalment as usual.....
xx

  m Nov 22, 2011 1:03 AM

2

hey!!

so jealous right now - i freaking love cambodia. Do you like the kyhmer curries?

that museum is so sad :(

are you going to Ankor Watt next?

how is your tan coming along? not that you've been anywhere to sunbathe lately!

  kirsty Nov 22, 2011 1:24 PM

3

Glad you arrived safe and in one piece in Cambodia! Bet it was sad to leave John! That was a touch going VIP! Well done you! Looking forward to our next Chat ! Mwah xx

  Buckley Nov 23, 2011 11:55 AM

4

Hi Kerry,
So glad to know you have arrived safely in Cambodia. Must have been hard to say goodbye to your Dad after spending 2 weeks together!
Can't wait to see him in a few days to hear first hand how you are.
Keep on living the dream!.. Miss you x

  Helen Nov 24, 2011 9:05 AM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.