Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Fireworks and hotsprings

THAILAND | Thursday, 17 November 2011 | Views [287]

After visiting Doi Inthanon national park and havng our picture at the highest peak we travelled back into Cm for a few days. Loi Krathong festival held over full moon nights in November and celebrates the rivers/streams etc. Its a massive celebration and lotus shaped baskets with candles go down the river, you can buy lanterns and send them off into the night. There is also fireworks and alot of them! Honestly they were still going at 6am! It was a lovely thing to get involved in and both me and dad got lanterns and sent them off with messages. Ours had fireworks in them!

It was such a great atmosphere and there were floats going up and down the roads with people all dressed up. very cool!

One day we went to the hot springs and enjoyed a mineral bath and boiled some eggs and ate them.

Just wish we had some soldiers to go with them as I miss them!

Before I go I must mention dad losing his watch and asking around the bars only for it to be his room :) The same went for his book!

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.