Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Road trip with Father John to the North

THAILAND | Wednesday, 16 November 2011 | Views [217]

Well I know its been a while so going o be trying my best to catch up! I know I mayu miss some bits but you can blame Dad for that as he kept me extremly busy!

We decided to hire a Jeep so we could travel further North but unfortunately they dont seem to have them anymore so we hired a Honda Jazz for a few days. We headed on the long and to be honest pretty scary drive to Mae Hong Son. The roads were very mountainous and there were some really hairy bends. It was good fun to be on the road though and watch out the window! (sorry Dad -I did try driving but I lost my nerve after the ATV!)

It took a long time to get there and it was dark by the time we arrived but we managed to get booked into a pretty nice hotel for a couple of nights. Crikey anything had to be better than where dad booked me into in CM on our return!

We had a very good night out at one of the bars-so much so we were the only ones left and as we were walking back to the hotel the Army were there keeping an eye out (think as its so close to Burma)

During our time in the area we visited some hot springs -which were actually awful and obviously not been open a for a while. We also went to Tham Plas National Park . I have a pic so will post soon. We also visited 'fish caves' which was basically just a small cave with some hungry fish and wasnt great!

All of this and then we drove back with an almost empty tank of petrol! We stopped at te garage but they hadnt any until the morning so we literally had to drive back through the mountains praying not to break down. We ha to turn off the ac and dad was coasting to save petrol. It didnt help that we had earlier been talking about the films 'wrong turn' and such other hillbilly type films where people break down and are lured to the dens.

All in all great time! Poor dad drove quite some way so thanks Dad! x

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.