Existing Member?

UBUNTU "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

2007 Reflections

USA | Monday, 31 December 2007 | Views [393] | Comments [1]

there is absolutely no possible way to put into words the growth i have experienced in the past year. if someone would have told me at the beginning of 2007 that i would finish up this year being sober and in AA, i would have laughed in their face and probably bought them a shot of their liquor of choice. this past year has been a complete roller coaster with some extreme highs and some extreme lows, but the ride finished with a sigh of relief and anticipation of the next time around. not the kind of anticipation that is synonymous with anxiety, but the anticipation that gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling. sobriety has brought with it tears, anger, many fears, but at this moment, it has brought me peace and serenity and for that, i am very grateful. sobriety has blessed me with such genuine friendships and such a beautiful relationship and those are two things i never valued before this moment of clarity. i have found peace in a world of chaos - i have found serenity in between my murky thoughts - i have found love because i learned to love myself - i have found a higher power who was there all along - and most importantly, i have realized that all i have is this very moment and it is up to me to make the best of it.
i wish you all peace in the new year and hope that you all remember on a daily basis, to love yourselves. once you see the good in yourself, it is impossible for others to be blinded to it. one small, good deed per day is all it takes to make the world a better place.

ubuntu,
jen

Tags: People

Comments

1

I really loved this. It is so very true.

  Brandi Mar 12, 2008 4:29 AM

About msjensmith12


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.