Existing Member?

UBUNTU "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

To Thine Own Self Be True

USA | Thursday, 20 December 2007 | Views [446] | Comments [2]

Here I sit - in this surreal moment and am humbled that my life has lead me to these crossroads. Never, in a million years, would I have thought I would be a SOBER college graduate, completely in love with life, my friends and family, my significant other, and most importantly - myself. I have never felt so loved in my life and I am gearing up for the opportunity to share the love that has been so graciously given to me. In about three weeks I am headed to South Africa to fulfill my dream of helping those who are less fortunate, back in the motherland. Words cannot possibly express the emotions that are coursing through my mind and my heart - all I can say is that I am forever grateful to all of the events and people in my life who have helped me get to this moment in time. This is going to be an emotional ride, but one I cannot wait to begin and share with all of you.

Ubuntu, Jen

Tags: People

Comments

1

I cried like a baby when I read this. I know I've said it before, but I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished in your short life. You have grown into a beautiful young women who I truly respect and admire.

Your determination, compassion, and zest for life intrigues me. You've got a drive instilled in you that I never had and I'm sometimes baffled by the fact that you are, in fact, my daughter...in spite of me and my shortcomings as a mother, you've far surpassed any expectations I could have had for you as a young adult. Still knowing that great things are yet to come from you.

I am so excited that you have this opportunity to fill one small part of your journey in life. Though I will miss you (and your 50 phone calls a day), you are always close to my heart in thoughts and prayers.

Remember...breathe...one day at a time...to thine own self be true!

  Mom Dec 21, 2007 1:35 AM

2

ahhhhh!!!!! Im so very proud of you! You are really the only person that I know that has really gone through with their dreams and that inspires me to not want to slit my wrists! haha. i'm kidding. but really. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your travels! have a happy christmas and a merry new year!! love.

  Viviane Dec 21, 2007 5:05 AM

About msjensmith12


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.