Existing Member?

Hi Mum

Ulawatu 30th - 31st March

INDONESIA | Thursday, 3 March 2016 | Views [230]

We had an early night in our hostel on the 30th, not really venturing out of our room. Our room was really sweaty and hot because there was no AC but there was 2 fans on full blast so it was liveable. 
 
We spent the next day visiting the Ulawatu temple (which was underwhelming as you couldn't really see the temple, but the views were pretty good); lounging at Pedang Pedang beach (beautiful, clear water but very busy and unbearably sweaty and hot if not in the sea) and walking around some shops nearby. Weirdly still can't find any postcards and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever sweated so much in my entire life as I have in the last two weeks. Its only 34 degrees ish but the humidity makes it feel so much worse.  
 
We went back to the hostel to shower and then we went to single fin for dinner. For our last night in Asia we went to a restaurant called Single Fin which is on top of a cliff and has an excellent view out to sea and of some really cool surf spots and surfers. The food was pretty good (I had a vegetable pizza, Becki had an Indonesian curry, Kate and Annabel had burgers, Kim had nachos and Amy had a margarita pizza) but the views were brilliant. It was a touch cloudy so the sunset wasn't as good as hoped, but it was still a pretty nice send off from Asia. We had hired a driver for the day for 600000 rupiahs (about £30) so he drove us back to the hostel at about 7 and we repacked and readied ourselves for the airport.
 
We got to the airport at about 9.30 because Annabel and Kim's flight was at 12.30. We did a lot of waiting around as you have to in airports (very nice airport, lots of very posh shops) and then boarded our flight. The flight was thankfully very uneventful and we basically all slept the entire 5 hour journey. And then we were in Australia! 

 

About mm12767


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.