Existing Member?

Hi Mum

Koh Phangan 23rd -24th January

THAILAND | Monday, 25 January 2016 | Views [263]

The full moon party was on the 23rd. It's basically a massive party on the beach that is held here every full moon, its quite famous and is the main reason people come to Koh Phangan. It was really fun and we'd heard that a lot of people get pickpocketed but nothing like that happened at all so it was good.

We spent the next day on a beach called the secret beach. It's not very secret at all because there are signposts for it everywhere but it was really beautiful. The water was so clear and the sand was lovely. They also had some cool swings hanging from the palm trees which was wicked. We had dinner at a restaurant there which was pricey but still only about £5 each. We all had pad thai except amy who had a vegetable soup, Kate and I had one with seafood and Becki had a pork one. We also got some prawn crackers and some spring rolls. The portions here are all pretty small so I'm still quite hungry.

Tomorrow we're leaving koh phangan for koh Tao. We're doing a four day diving course there with a company called mojos because it was recommended to us by one of the men that works at this hostel who used to live on koh Tao. It's costing 9000 baht each (£180) and that includes all the accommodation and the course. It's supposed to be the best place to learn and one of the cheapest islands to get qualified on.

 

About mm12767


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.