Existing Member?

Travels with Janice

Moon over Udaipur

INDIA | Wednesday, 7 January 2015 | Views [155]

Full moon over the east side of Pichola. Udaipur.

Full moon over the east side of Pichola. Udaipur.

Tonight is a full moon (in Cancer). It is a little before 9pm and it (the moon) is rising over the buildings of the old city across the lake. I am wearing the lovely warm shawl my mother brought me from her Mediterranean cruise several years ago so I feel wrapped in her love and prayers.

Udaipur is beautiful with many havelis (colonial-style mansions lived in by the Nobility from the 1700s until independence. We are staying in one such heritage property, the Karohi Haveli. It is lovely and comfortable.

Today we walked over the foot bridge to the other side of the lake and we visited the Jagdish Temple during one if their worship times (the music and drums!) and then we went to the city palace museum. Anna says she could have spent at least another 3 hours at the palace.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/india/rajasthan/udaipur/sights

Today we also took a boat ride on Lake Pichola and had a brief visit to the Queen's Gardens.

Sent laundry out - what a luxury. We have a couple of non-tour days coming up. A welcome respite.

Tomorrow we drive to Jodhpur with a temple stop to break it up. What's that movie? "If it's Tuesday it Must Be Belgium"...

 

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.