Existing Member?

Andy & Anita's adventures

Shenzhen

CHINA | Tuesday, 23 December 2008 | Views [119]


I loved this tag on our new clothing!

Crossing the border from Hong Kong

We arrived in Hong Kong from Malaysia at about lunch time and spent the day looking around HK and familiarising ourselves with the inner-city train network. A highlight was having lunch cooked for us at our table :-)

Our first full day in HK was spent out of HK!! We headed off to the northern border (about 1 hour on the train) and crossed over into the Shenzhen province of China. It is pretty easy, you have to get a visa at the border which is about $40 and takes an hour, and you are limited to the Shenzhen province for 5 days. But what we went for was a day of SHOPPING! China is the home of fake designer goods after all :-)

We bought ourselves a large selection of winter clothing for Canada and we had to get a second suitcase to carry it all. I think Andrew enjoys shopping more then I do! We also wandered around the city and we got this great chocolate fondue for lunch which we ate whilst sitting on swing chairs in the cutest little cafe; surrounded by fake trees!.

By the time we got back to our hotel it was pretty late at night. It was a great day.

About miss_nita


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.