Existing Member?

Andy & Anita's adventures

Macau for Christmas!

MACAU | Wednesday, 24 December 2008 | Views [194]






Yet another day in HK and we were off across the border again; this time heading east via ferry to Macau. Macau is an old portuguese trading town which is being built into the Vegas of the east. All day we wandered the cobblestone streets and checked out the sights like the ruins of St. Pauls and the old fort. We found a great cafe which served gormet coffee and huge portions of the best-tasting honeycomb creamcake (I am going to get fat if I stay on holiday too much longer!!).

We were a bit of a novelty and had our photo taken more times then the actual tourist attractions! I loved that it was christmas eve because there was a brilliant vibe in the air and everyone was so happy and friendly. There were also christmas decorations and fairy lights lining the streets which created a festive mood.

We went to the skytower and watched the sun set through glass panels in the floor (Andrew refused to stand on them! he is not great with heights). Then we went back to the main street and checked out the casinos which were fairly typical (complete with singing fountains, billions of poker machines and dancing girls on the bars!). We caught the midnight ferry back to HK , celebrating the beginning of christmas with a drink on the ferry :-)

 

About miss_nita


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Macau

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.