Existing Member?

Shells Travelling Adventures Snap shot of my life in Canada!

Last few weeks in Calgary

CANADA | Wednesday, 13 October 2010 | Views [667]

Again

Again

So these crazy itchy bites kept coming up so i looked online to see what other people thought cos we tried everything for any type of bugs. We got this stuff called Borax to try kill fleas, got a new mattress and clean everything and i was still getting them. A online doctor said he thought it was a mdeical probalem rather than bugs, so i finally paid the $100 to go the the doctor cos I woke up with a fat eye for the second time in a week (had the call in sick twice and figure that if i keep missing work it will cost more in the long run). Thought the swallen eye was something else but in the end it was another lump on the cheek. Anyway went to the this indian doctor (cos it was just down the road) and he didn't listen and pushed me out the door pretty much. I knew what he gave me wouldn't help the bites. So i got the prescription and i stopped getting them for one night and then it all started again. Gave the cream a bit to work but still then kept coming and it was starting to make me feel like shit so i spent 3 hours one morning calling doctors, trying to find one that would take a new person but none would. In the end i went to my bosses doctor who also turned me away and i ended up going to a walk in doctor across the street cos i was sick of looking. This doctor was good and listened to me. He said it was ring worm and a fungal infection and gave me creams for each and a perscription to get in a few days it the cream weren't clearing it up. Well, they didn't clear it up and I've just finished the last of the pills and I still have some and new ones were still coming up yesterday. So with more than $300 spent already I may be going back for more treatment but at least I've had a few good nights sleep without having them come up in the night being crazy ithchy! So there's my complaining done.

We have booked flights to Alasks, YAY!! Only $440 return from Seattle. So we go there on the 5th April, which will be the start of our American road trip. We saw that the aussie dollar was doing awesome against the US so we changed over $6,000 at .94 cents and only lost abotu $300 so bloody stoked on that. So that's half the money we need for the road trip. Also looking at flights home for around august with a stop over in fiji for only $900 but will see how much money we have when we leave Calgary to decide how long we can last in the States before we book those flights.

Have a house and seasons pass sorted for Fernie and only 10 days til we get there!! CANNOT freakin wait for get the hell out of this shit hole. Can't believe we have been here for almost 7 months. From here on it will be fun so all is good! Have job interviews lined up with the mountain for the weekend we arrive. Marsh has to see three places for work when we arrive and I have three as well. I have a two hotels and the supermarket.

One of the Peth girls will be coming to visit in Feb which will be awesome cos we won't have to work YAY! Lethal didn't get another job though so she is planning her trip back home for the start of Nov i think. GUTTED

So what have we been doing? Pretty much nothing! Trying to save as much as possible while paying for flights and season passes ha, which was more than $1500 each. So pretty much just working every day. Today is my first day off since, I can't even remember.

I have started to playing the harmonica. At this stage I can play single notes and I'm learning how the bend notes. I can play the 12 Bar Blues and that's it. I'm going to learn Stevie Wonder's Isn't She Lovely today. It's fun though and something different.

The band next door got us tickets to a Canadain foot ball game so went to that on the 1st October. Was pretty easy to pick up and fun to get out. The reckon people go and watch when it's 40 below, i would be flagging that! Went to this kareoke bar called Ducky's afterwards which was pretty average so came home and drank in their shed with the music gears. Meet some new people, was a good night out.

A few weeks ago my work closed down for the renovations. They told me i would get my 35 hours at different stores ages ago but now that they know im leaving they said i probably wouldn't and that i could get more hours at my other job so they wouldn't worry about me. But at my other job everyone wants more hours too. In the end i got hours at both cos I complained and ended up having no days off which was fine. I got sick with those freakin bites so got two days off. Then they didn't pay me enough hours for that two weeks and were not going to pay me for a sick day cos it as when we were setting up the store. I complained to the District Manager and they are paying it out now. What a bull shit reason to not pay you sick pay. It annoyed me cos I worked for them for six months and didn't call in sick once and then they did that, grrrrrrrrrr! Anyway should get it next week.

Also got our halloween costumes for in Fernie. I going as Morticia from the Addams and Marsh is got this awesome costumes that's Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street ha fun.

Sent all bday and xmas presents home now too so don't need to buy anything while we will be super poor, stoked! Only $22 for send a substantial size package on the boat, it's good to be organised.

It was thanks giving yesterday so I worked and got time and a half and Marsh cooked us a huge turkey for dinner. It was the smallest one we could find but it only just fit in the over and made the tray sag haha. I could only eat the wing and bit bit of the leg. Will be eating it for the rest of the week.

So life has pretty much been working, yoga, trying to get rid of these god dam itchy things, playing the harmonica and getting organised for halloween!

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.