Existing Member?

Not all who wander are lost. I'm letting the world change me... so I can change the world.

Belmopan

BELIZE | Thursday, 2 August 2007 | Views [404]

The express bus from Belize City will get you into Belmopan in a hour and 15 minutes. The cost for 5 women with over 400lbs of luggage would be around $60USD, a taxi for the same amount of cargo and people is $120USD.. more expensive but makes for a better ride and adventure. within 20 minutes of leaving the city- the tire tread came off the tire just as we were started to head down the mountains. Luckily our driver was able to fix it fast (under 5 minutes) and we were soon on our way.

Leaving Belmopan was difficult- Joan and Meagan (our host families daughter and granddaughter) were amazing to be with, being with Joan is like being with an old friend, easy to talk too and always willing to answer crazy questions about the culture, customs and people of Belize. 

Our three days there we visited Joan's school for rural and immigrate children, went swimming in the Belize river and saw the fresh water Blue Hole ( a jungle swimming area near the base of the mountains that drops down 500ft and caverns that run under the mountains)

Little did we know, that we would leave Belmopan with more than memories and new friends...

Tags: Random

 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.