Existing Member?

Not all who wander are lost. I'm letting the world change me... so I can change the world.

Xuanatunich and Cave Tubing

BELIZE | Tuesday, 24 July 2007 | Views [425] | Comments [1]

Early Sunday morning we visited Xunantunich, the housing area for royalty and the commerce area. Quite the climb, the view from the top allowed you to see across to Guatemala.  After, we drove north to St. Ignacio to go cave tubing. A 20 minute walk in the jungle feels a lot longer, and the cool water from the river felt amazing after being covered with sweat, mud and mosquitoes.

The cave was massive and dark (of course, it is a cave) linking together in a chain, the 6 of us flowed along the river looking at the cave drawings from Mayans and large reconstruction that the flooding cases every year to the caves. An hour in the caves was enough, its very creepy only have a small flashlight attached to your head for a source of light. Dinner at a local restaurant consisted of cheeseburgers and Beliken Beer (which can only be bought in Belize)

That’s all the adventures for now.

Peace,

Megan

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

mergell... glad to know that everything's going good and I hope that you are able to take some pictures, because it sounds beautiful!! I love you and miss ya!!

  Your Sister Jul 26, 2007 5:40 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.