Existing Member?

The adventures of the Mel

A long time coming.

INDIA | Wednesday, 6 January 2010 | Views [841] | Comments [5]

Finally, I am off to India tomorrow morning. The one that got away last year, and although it's not quite in the manner that I had originally intended, I can't wait!!

I have to admit I feel a little conflicted - the trip I've been longing to take, versus going away without my boy for a month. Pfft. Stupid co-dependence. Trust him to finally pop the question when I'm heading off! Figures. Probably gives the bastard some time to reconsider what he's getting himself into!!


Anyway...I will be updating as often as I can. For the curious, I get in late Thursday, have a day to recover, then I am taking a tour around an area called Rajasthan. If you want to find out what I'm doing in advance (how bored are you?) you can find out here. After I finish the tour I have about a week to myself, and at this stage my plans are to visit Varanasi and possibly Kolkata. But hey, who knows? I fly back in on 1st Feb, ready to resume my fantastic new job with OUP. Woot!!

So, I hope you all have a fantastic month, filled with pleasure and laughter, undoubtedly largely contributed to by my riveting and hilariously awesome journal, which I know you've all been missing. Yeah you have.

Peace!

Comments

1

First!

Its going to be so much fun vicariously travelling with you again.

Have a great time Mel.

  Sally Jan 6, 2010 8:41 PM

2

Why do you need a day to recover?

  Peter Jan 6, 2010 9:45 PM

3

I am really looking forward to reading about your adventures. Take care

  Jenny Jan 7, 2010 11:41 AM

4

Great to see your Blog again, have fun!

  Gladys Jan 8, 2010 4:13 PM

5

Missing you already, have a great time, we will be eagerly reading your journal and ringing your boy to keep up to date with your travels. I rang him today to make sure you had arrived safely.

  Jayne Jan 9, 2010 9:26 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.