Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

That Dreaded Point and the Questions That Came With It.

CAMBODIA | Monday, 18 February 2013 | Views [152]

I have reached that dreaded point that all people with injuries indelibly reach - I HATE my crutches and being so incredibly useless! I long to just walk again, pain free!!

Though I’ve been resting and the swelling has gone down I have been doing small exercises to keep the muscles around my ankle strong and get my toes moving with my more ease. At times a sharp shooting pain rockets up my leg as I gradually move my ankle from its resting position and the impatience grows within me at the extent of time this is all taking to heal.

Yes, I am abundantly thankful because this all could have been much worse. Plus I have an amazing place to recuperate and a workplace that is being incredibly understanding and supportive. But the reality hit me tonight that this incident isn't going to just go away. I’m going to have a scar on my right leg! I’m going to need surgery again to remove what was placed inside me! I’m going to have to do things slowly if I am going to let things heal and not create further pain. But then am I just being a big baby with a low pain tolerance? It is all just extremely frustrating.

Questions flood my mind. How long will all this take? Will I ever be the same again? Will this affect my future? What is God’s big plan in all of this? What is the purpose of travelling through this pain? Why does Cambodia have to leave a lasting impression on my right foot?

But the biggest question on my heart is how can this be used to bring Him glory? Right now I’m not sure, but I hope God uses this for His honour because it doesn't sit right in my heart to go through this for nothing.

Tags: challenges, i hate crutches

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.