Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Visiting guests

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 6 January 2013 | Views [139]

I love having visitors come over. It brings so much joy and they also assist in helping me see where I live with fresh and adventurous eyes. Plus the visit of Dave and Janelle was well timed after a full on 6 months teaching at Logos and missing family and friends during the Christmas season.

They were here a week and we got up to a lot together. Like exploring Phnom Penh, travelling up to Siem Reap, visiting all the tourist sites, shopping through the markets, eating amazing food and just relaxing, laughing and enjoying each others company.

Two highlights from the visit were visiting the sites of oppression during the war and the leadership of Pol Pot. It was heart breaking as I heard afresh the stories of people, broken by so much evil and left traumatised by they horrific things that occurred. However hope can be found in this darkness, a light brings forth the love and peace that this nation needs and reminds me again why I serve in this nation.

The other highlight was showing Janelle and Dave around the temples in Siem Reap. To climb over the stones and ruins that make out the ancient temple complex. It was a pleasure to explore this place with two great people (and take heaps of pictures in the process).

It was a refreshing break with family and makes me look forward to 6 months time when I get to see them all again.

Tags: adventures, family, fun, suitcases, visitors

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.