Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Cooking up a mess

CAMBODIA | Monday, 17 December 2012 | Views [113]

I decided to take up the challenge and attempt doing something with food with my excitable group of 6 – 7 year olds. Even though I love to bake I thought this first cooking experience with the class should be an easy no-bake and something where they can really get their hands into it.

So I looked up my trusty Chocolate Coconut Balls recipe, one that no teacher should be without, and worked out how to divide it up evenly between 8 students. The results was two biscuits; ¾ tablespoon of cocoa, 1 tablespoon of coconut and a good dollop of condensed milk. It did the job well! So armed with paper plates, snap lock bags, plastic bowls, plastic spoons and a bag full of ingredients I bravely ventured into the baking unknown.

Groups of 8 students are manageable when it comes to activities like this. I won’t want to do this with more. And judging by their messy hands and giant smiles I think they had an enjoyable time.

Next time I might try an oven, or even a gas cooker. Maybe I should try pikelets.

Tags: my brilliant class, yum

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.