Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Just take me to Flavours of India

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 9 August 2011 | Views [127]

I may be living in Cambodia but I am in Indian food heaven. A friend introduced me to this sweet little Indian food place called “Flavours of India” and I feel my life here is more complete because of it.

This little restaurant is such a jewel to dine in or even for take away. It is a quaint little place with dim lighting, Indian wall hangings, hindi melodies float through the room to get your taste buds ready for what awaits and sweet waitresses that will be by your side to refill your water if it so happens that it is anything less than half full.

While you are selecting your dishes a tray of poppadums and dipping sauces are placed before you to wet your appetite.

Your meals are brought to you in these gorgeous metal dishes filled with such flavour and goodness. Be sure to order plenty of naan to make it extra yummy.

The waitresses are always so friendly. Last time I was there we had a quick chit chat in Khmer (oh and a little English – hey I’m not that good) about what I am doing in Cambodia, how long I’ve been here and my Khmer studies. The staff are starting to recognise me – I’ll take it as a good thing.

Once you feel you could never eat again a little bowl of warm water and a slice of lime is placed before you so you can wash those little grubby fingers. Additionally a little sweet is served, all complimentary and just part of the dinning experience.

At the end of your meal the bill in tucked discreetly into a box and brought to you on a tray. Makes you feel even better with having to part with your money. I feel I am being a bit spoilt here, with nice prices yet high quality food and eating experience.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.