Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Just in three clicks of my heels I will be home

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 31 July 2011 | Views [102]

On days when I feel a little homesick I slip on my shiny red shoes. Call them my ruby slippers if you will. They are a healing balm to the lonely soul. As soon as I put them on my mood starts to lift as I day-dreamingly pretend that with three clicks of the heels, a close of the eyes and wishfully chanting “There is no place like home” I can be transported back to Oz and be surrounded by family and friends. Ok so they may not physically work but they remind me of home and help me to happily remember those I miss so much.

I believe every person who serves overseas needs their own homesickness medicine. To have that connection with those that may be far away but are on their mind. It could be as simple as a scarf from a dear friend, a crazy shirt loudly proclaiming where you come from or a collection of zany photographs all held together in a colourful scrapbook. Whatever be your ointment treasure it and allow yourself to remember that those you love are always close to you in your heart.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.