Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Shine your light

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 November 2010 | Views [362] | Comments [2]

Wow....the time to head overseas is nearly here. I have created some postcards to hand out as a token for people to remember to think about me as I am teaching in Cambodia.

Thought I might take this opportunity to share why I picked the verse I have. I absolutly love the word 'light'. This verse in Matthew has spoken to me a lot over the years, about our God given calling to be a witness. Here I am, making a decision to go to Phnom Penh Cambodia to share hope with others and I don't speak the language, the culture will be new and different for me and there will there will be so much to learn and obstacles to overcome. One thing I can do to cross these boundaries is by showing God through what I do. By loving others, sharing where I can, having a warm smile and willing hands to get involved - it can speak multitudes to others. My hope is people who God places along my path will see these good deeds (this light) and turn to praise God.

We are called to be the light of the world wherever we are. The way we live speaks louder than any words we might say. May your actions match your words and your heart.  

Comments

1

WOW! thats awesome! ill be sure to follow you! :) and your blog!!! :)

  Chris Redfern Nov 16, 2010 9:27 AM

2

So exciting Meagan! I look forward to hearing how God uses you to shine for Him.

  Karen Nov 16, 2010 4:57 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.