Existing Member?

Maz's Adventures My experiences of South America, New Zealand, Australia, South East Asia and China.

Cusco

BOLIVIA | Thursday, 15 June 2006 | Views [1558] | Comments [4]

Guinea Pig, yummy!

Guinea Pig, yummy!

Wow, with our arrival into Cusco on Corpus Christi, spaced out from our 12 hour bus jouney from Arequipa it was like landing on the moon. In the words of the great Lional Richie "Fiesta forever, come along and sing along, all night long.........all night....yeahh..... all night long....yeahhhhhhh!" Basicly we arrived at the pivitol party time of the year for Cusco. From the moment we arrived till the moment we left, people were constantly dancing in the street. It got to the point where we were like "oh another parade". Jazzy costumes, freaky costumes, glittery costumes, speedo costumes (not too sure about those), masks, awesome balaclavas. Parade, parade, parade, fireworks, smoke bombs, roast guinea pigs with peppers stuffed in there mouths, (nasty) llamas. Constant P.A.R.T.Y! As you can see in the photographs. 

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

u r sick people and i hope you go to hell for eating such a wonderful caring animal what is your problem?? why do you do that??that should be aganist the law!!!!

  quita Dec 25, 2007 1:54 PM

2

u r sick people and i hope you go to hell for eating such a wonderful caring animal what is your problem?? why do you do that??that should be aganist the law!!!!

  quita Dec 25, 2007 1:54 PM

3

Oh, my gosh! YOU SICK PERSON. I love my guinea pig. I HATE people who eat them. You make me sick.

  Kim Feb 9, 2008 10:38 AM

4

Get over it, its a food source in Peru. If your hungry and all you have is Guinea pig, you have to eat it and survive.
It's just that in the western world we choose to domesticate them as pets. In Peru they eat them. Just like in Asia they eat Dogs, cats, rats, birds allsorts.
It wasn't your guinea pig and i am not a sick person, open your mind to other cultures and their ways of living.
Worse things happen at sea.

  mcgurk77 Feb 11, 2008 12:19 AM

About mcgurk77

Washing my feet in the river after the first afternoon of treking

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.